Be a master of your own domain, get Comic Master (bater)!
OK, so I’m going to bite the bullet (and maybe lose my teeth in the process) and learn RubyOnRails. But instead of building another ToDolistapp or another one of countless blogs, I thought I’d do something different. Something that I actually could use. A comic website management application. Thusly, Comic Master was conceived.
Planned features for version 1:
- Comic strip management (duh)
- File uploading (for strips and other things… wallpaper, avatar, etc)
- Setting future dates for strips to be published
- Allow for grouping individual episodes into issues (Lil Monstas will use this format)
- Simple content management
- Simple forums
- News posting
- Commenting on all of the above
I’m going to use MySQL as the database. All the content is going to support RedCloth. Plus, I’d like to make it support themes.
I don’t like the name Comic Master, though. Sounds a little like “Be a master of your own domain, get Comic Master (bater)!” Which is just plain wrong. But I can change that when — or if — I think of a better name. Feel free to post any suggestions…