Thursday, August 25, 2005

TaskTHIS.com

Update: Well, DreamHost wasn't my, uh, dream host for RoR applications. So taskthis.com is down for now. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. taskthis.darthapo.com is still available.

TaskTHIS.com is alive! TaskTHIS is now being hosted at DreamHost (yes, that link has a referral code in it, every little thing I can do to keep eating.)

DreamHost will be whole lot more stable than my development server. I'm going to retire the old demo instance of TaskTHIS (taskthis.darthapo.com) very soon. But, in the meantime, I have upgraded it to 0.5 so that you can export all of your tasklists and import them into taskthis.com.

I've also created a TaskTHIS development blog at blog.taskthis.com. From this point on, information specific to TaskTHIS will be posted there. My general posts and other Rails posts will still be here.

If you need to move your tasklists from the demo instance to taskthis.com, there's a quick tutorial available.

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

  1. I would really appreciate it, if you could write about your experiences with running RoR app hosted with Dreamhost. After some time, that is.
    I am willing to host a client's RoR site with them, but I've heard some rumours about various problems, especially concerning RoR apps on Dreamhost. Something about killing fcgi processes and such.
    Your experience will be a very valuable knowledge to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamhost must be the problem. The registration is down. Says something about an Apache error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also very curious about your dreamhost/rails experience. I have heard no rumors, but with my current host I have to build my own lighttpd/fcgi server and run it on a nonstandard port. I'm hoping that dreamhost will fix this without, of course, any reliability problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this rocks! Just a small comment, the edit/sort/delete options for each task is only visible on a mouse-over, which may not be that obvious for everyone. This is sometimes called the mystery meat navigation.
    Otherwise, great design and nice usage of ajax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to make the taskthis.com site work, but when I try to create a task list I get an application error message.
    I also downloaded 0.51 and tried to make it work. When I run it I get this error message when I try to log in
    undefined method `remembrall_expires' for #
    and this message when I try to create a tasklist
    wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)
    Any ideas what might be wrong?

    ReplyDelete