Saturday, August 20, 2005

TaskTHIS 0.5

Taskthis-Logo

TaskTHIS 0.5 is officially released! You can download it from here. I don't have it hosted yet, but I'm working on that. I was able to get the taskthis.com domain name, I just haven't had the time to set it all up yet.

This new release contains:

Taskthis Screenshot

  • Cleaner views (rhtml)
  • Enhanced AJAX support
  • New GUI
  • “Remember Me” login support
  • “Send List To...” -- Allows you to send a list to as many as 10 people via email
  • Public lists (readonly)
  • RSS feeds for public lists
  • Better task item reordering
  • Moved the database schema to a Migration script
  • And much more...

It leverages the following technologies:

It also contains an early release of my theme engine work. Check back soon for an article explaining how I implement themes in Rails applications.

Enjoy!

Update: Updated the URL for downloading the source...

Technorati Tags:

9 comments:

  1. I can't download it... the link doesn't work. Site down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I was playing with the server... Try it again. Please let me know if it still doesn't work. I'll move it somewhere more stable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting this with rake migrate:
    $ rake migrate
    (in /home/web/matchboy/tasks/taskthis)
    rake aborted!
    No such file to load -- json/objects.rb
    ./Rakefile:15
    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes -- I forgot to mention that TaskTHIS require ruby-json. You can install it via rubygems:
    > sudo gem install ruby-json
    Sorry about that. I'll put together an update that has the ruby-json modules in the vendor folder and post it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!
    I figured it out since then. I downloaded the following file and put it in lib/json/.
    http://rubyurl.com/OPC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, output didnt display. I'll email it to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've created a 0.5.1 release -- could you give that a try and let me know if it works?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 0.52 version tar file can't be decoded by tar xvf in linux nor winzip in windows. Do I need a special decoder?
    Gus.

    ReplyDelete