Sunday, July 2, 2006

Comatose Screenshots

I've had some requests for screenshots of the administration ui... So, without further ado, here they are.

Page ListPage DeletePage EditPage Edit - MorePage Edit - ReparentingPage Edit - Preview

Hmmm... After looking at the screenshots myself, I think I'm going to re-label "Expire Page Cache" to "Clear Page Cache". But still, you get the idea. That's the default administration ui that comes out of the box. It's straight CSS -- no images.

You can, however, completely customize it to look like your application by running:

$ rake comatose:customize

That will copy all the necessary files to your application folders for customization. The README talks more about that.

From Version 0.5

Update! The following screen shots are from version 0.5:

New-Page-ListNew-Page-Reordering

Technorati Tags: , ,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,
    Thanks for this plugin, I'm just checking it out a little bit, but I'm liking it a lot so far. It's something I've needed often, just a small little CMS for small portions of larger projects.
    Anyways, I've run into one catch - My app is on a subversion repository, and I've checked out your app as an svn:external in my /vendor/plugins directory, which all works well, and seems to get your updates, etc.
    Problem is, when I run "rake comatose:customize" I think your script must do something to my hidden .svn folder in my public directory, because from that point on my subversion goes all batty.
    I'm still fairly new to Rails, and also to Subversion, (from PHP/CVS), so haven't figured out the cause..what I've done instead is created a new checkout, run "rake comatose:customize", then copied the files it generates into my own project.....seems to work, but of course it's not ideal.
    If I could help fix it I would, but if you know what it is quickly you might be best at it...let me know.
    Cheers!!
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Im having a hard time trying integrate this stuff into an existing app..
    the migration succeeded and im able to browse the admin panel.
    But im not able to view any pages...
    I got map.comatose_root '' in routes.rb but when i hit localhost:3000 i get
    You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
    The error occured while evaluating nil.camelize
    The homepage does exsist

    ReplyDelete
  3. im running 1.1.2
    Here is the stacktrace
    NoMethodError (You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
    The error occured while evaluating nil.camelize):
    /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:1037:in `recognize'
    /vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:in `dispatch'
    /vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:150:in `process_request'
    /vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:54:in `process!'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:600:in `each_cgi'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in `each_cgi'
    /vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:53:in `process!'
    /vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:23:in `process!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. [M@:4] Hi! I'm having exactly the same error as mikkel but I haven't found a solution yet...
    If You found it, can You please send me an e-mail back?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete